Are you prepared to join a fantastic group of individuals?
Our client is looking for a communicate, team player and motivated person who can join their team as a GL Accountant.
As a GL Accountant, your duties include gathering, verifying, processing, and documenting all accounting documents and transactions with accuracy to create a monthly report and financial statement that meets legal requirements, valuation rules, and internal reporting standards.
- Your duties include preparing, documenting, and recording different bookkeeping entries. Additionally, you are in charge of overseeing and reconciling multiple accrual accounts.
- Support the Financial Controller during the closing of accounts at the end of the month, quarter, and year. You also handle the preparation of the monthly VAT and IC declaration.
- Submitting declarations such as Recupel, Intrastat, Bebat, and other similar reports. You are also in charge of entering and reconciling different accounting documents that pertain to the supplier ledger.
- You ensure that our suppliers are paid on time and accurately.
- You book and verify bank statements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A bachelor's degree in Accountancy and Taxation.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the Finance field.
- Familiarity with accounting principles, including knowledge of BEGAAP (required) and IFRS (preferred), as well as knowledge of VAT regulations.
- Proficiency in the MS Office package and experience with an ERP system such as Navision, as well as accounting software such as Isabel, Intervat, etc.
- Fluency in Dutch, and proficiency in English and French to a manageable extent.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different departments as a team player.
- Detail-oriented and accurate in managing large volumes of invoices, with strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- You will be working for a healthy and expanding company that values its employees and encourages initiative.
- The company provides training to keep you up-to-date with the latest techniques and products.
- You will receive an attractive salary package, including benefits such as meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance, employee discounts, and access to the Benefits@Work platform with numerous benefits and discounts.
- The job is based in Herentals, at the company's modern and car-free headquarters.
- You will work a 39-hour week, with a flexible schedule and six paid ADV days per year.
- You will be joining a top-notch team where collaboration and knowledge sharing are highly valued.
All further detail will be provided once your application has been accepted, however here at Key Figures our agents will be in touch to discuss any other opportunities regardless of the outcome of this application.
Disclaimer: Key Figures collects your data only for the purpose of participation in the selection process. Your data is kept securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and not shared with third parties for any purpose.