Out client is looking for Credit Controller in Herentals.
As a Credit Controller, your role involves ensuring that our company's risks are in line with our customers' risk profiles. You also oversee the payment process for sales and ensure that payments are made according to the agreed terms.
You are part of the Finance team at their headquarters in Herentals. You report to the Credit Manager.
- Your main responsibility is to make sure that the sales we generate are paid within the agreed payment terms. You prioritize reducing the DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) and preventing any financial losses
- As the initial contact for their customers regarding inquiries about outstanding invoices and credit limits, your role involves establishing a trustworthy relationship with them. In the event of a payment delay, you proactively communicate with the customer to understand the reason for the delay. You then take appropriate measures and establish clear agreements to ensure that payment is received as soon as possible.
- You maintain regular communication with the Sales team to keep them informed and enable them to take necessary actions. You also collaborate closely with other departments such as Accounting and Logistics.
You follow up on legal files and have contact with lawyers, bailiffs, curators, and customers under guardianship.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A bachelor's degree in finance or economics is preferred, or equivalent experience is acceptable.
- You possess prior experience in dealing with B2B customers, specifically in the areas of debt management or customer service.
- Knowledge of credit insurance and factoring is a plus.
- You possess a strong understanding of the MS Office suite. Although familiarity with Trust.IT and Navision is considered advantageous, it is not a mandatory requirement. Additionally, you are a proactive and self-motivated individual who takes initiative to get things done.
- You communicate assertively but diplomatically and customer-friendly, both in writing and by phone in Dutch. Knowledge of French is a plus, but not required.
- You are flexible with regard to working hours. Our client works with their credit control department in a shift system so that they are available to their customers between 7.30 am and 5.30 pm. One week you will work from 7.30 am to 4.00 pm. The other week from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm.
- It is important to undergo regular training to ensure that you are well-informed of the most recent techniques and products in your field.
- A full-time job that provides a diverse range of challenges, along with the necessary level of autonomy and accountability.
- An interesting salary supplemented with extralegal benefits (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance, staff discounts, access to Benefits@Work platform with numerous benefits and discounts).
- A 39-hour week with a sliding schedule and 6 paid ADV days per year
- You will be part of a top team where collegiality and knowledge sharing are central.
All further detail will be provided once your application has been accepted, however here at Key Figures our agents will be in touch to discuss any other opportunities regardless of the outcome of this application.
Disclaimer: Key Figures collects your data only for the purpose of participation in the selection process. Your data is kept securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and not shared with third parties for any purpose.